Friday, August 07, 2009

What do I do with my medals?

GWOTEM and GWOTSM. I never really liked them anyway, as I am convinced we award too many medals and ribbons - but still.
It's official. The U.S. is no longer engaged in a "war on terrorism." Neither is it fighting "jihadists" or in a "global war."

President Obama's top homeland security and counterterrorism official took all three terms off the table of acceptable words inside the White House during a speech Thursday at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington think tank.

"The President does not describe this as a 'war on terrorism,'" said John Brennan, head of the White House homeland security office, who outlined a "new way of seeing" the fight against terrorism.
Do we rename them, or do I just put them in the corner with my Cheney Shrine?

No comments: