Sunday, August 27, 2006

Freedom for Fox crew

Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig have been freed. Strange stuff in the background that Fox doesn't talk about; al-Reuters hints at it, but you need to go to Al-Jazeera to get the full story.
Centanni said: "I changed my name to Khaled. I have embraced Islam and say the word Allah."

Wiig called on leaders of the West to stop "hiding behind the 'I don't negotiate with terrorists' myth".

A separate statement from the captors said: "They chose Islam and that is a gift that God gives those whom he chooses."

Centanni later told CNN by telephone from Gaza City that they felt that they had to convert to Islam.

"I have the highest respect for Islam, but it was something we felt we had to do because they had the guns and we didn't know what the hell was going on," he said.
Give time for everything to flesh out for STEVE.

Nice note though: that is what they want. Death or conversion.

No comments: