Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One reason newspapers are dying

Sometimes it seems that none of them have any kids.

One reasons I feel incomplete without a morning paper is that I grew up with it. It is something my father and I shared more than anything else is the need for the paper. As long as he got the sports section first and I got the comics and editorial section - there was peace.

I never remember his worrying all that much about what his kids would see. Now days, you have to screen the paper. Just an example, check out what is on the front page of the Sunday Virginia-Pilot.



Come on people - the Sunday Edition. Just when are we supposed to get our kids started on the newspaper. I am supposed to throw the paper at my pre-teen with this stuff on the front - of the Sunday paper?

No comments: