Thursday, May 29, 2008

EOT medals jump the shark


It really is getting a bit pathetic. I wish we could go back where each UIC had a ceiling on each type of medal it could give - that way there was at least some type of quality cut. Now days, you have to be found in bed with a live boy or a dead girl to get denied an End of Tour medal.

If I see a Royal Navy Admiral with two rows I go "wow!" If I see a USAF Col. with 7 rows I go, "Standard issue."


This sense of entitlement is just, well, pathetic.
Air Force Col. Morris Davis said he was denied a medal for his two years of work building military commissions cases against terrorism suspects because he resigned and later spoke out about problems in the Pentagon's Office of Military Commissions.
Pathetic - though for an Air Farce Colonel type - you are a little weak on the salad bar.

No comments: