Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Summer Dream Vacation

Do you ever reach that point in deployment when you just want to talk to family and friends to get away a little bit from your day-to-day deployment stress? All you can think of is to get away from what you see every day?

Ever notice that some people on the other end just don't get it? They just have to say the most stupid things, things that you would think they would know better than to say to someone on deployment ..... something like,
"Glad you called. I just found out that I am going to be able to get away for a couple of weeks for my dream vacation this summer. Oh, I wish you could come with us, it is going to be GREAT!!!! Palm trees, sand, sun, and a tasty cold beverage.....I'll drop you an email when we get back with all the details!!! Oops, got to go. Be careful, we're thinking of you!!"
Yep, great timing. Palm trees. Sand. Sun. Cold drinks. Who needs vacation for that?

No comments: