Monday, March 01, 2010

The Pacific


Naval History magazine and HBO are partnering to bring a unique viewer experience to the huge audience awaiting the March 14th premier of the spectacular 10-part series, The Pacific.

This special PACIFIC issue of Naval History is a viewer’s companion to each episode, with riveting articles laced with the human dramas that played out during the pacific campaign.

The magazine is online and in newstands now, and there is a special
Pacific Landing Page that is an aggregation of much of the related USNI content (slideshows, maps, articles, videos) accumulated recently and over the years.

11 comments:

bullnav said...

The link to the USNI page does not work...

butch said...

Delete the "www.blogger.com/" from the link.

LT B said...

I am seriously geeked about this series.  I hope they are as good w/ this one as they were w/ BoB.

cdrsalamander said...

Dude(s) its fixed.

You know - you are supposed to correct in private - praise in public.... ;)

bullnav said...

I know, I know.  I was trying to get ready for work, and did not have my email up...sorry.

Kristen said...

My husband LOVES the Band of Brothers DVDs.  It's probably going to be too tough for me to watch, but he is really looking forward to The Pacific. 

Byron said...

I read, "With the Old Breed", by E.B. Sledge, his story of his experiences at Peleliu and Okinawa this weekend. Very graphic, very gritty, very honest.

And Kristen, the BoB DVDs are on the wish list for next year, as my video tapes are no longer useable ;)

C-dore 14 said...

Just picked up a copy of <span>With the Old Breed</span> at Costco (they were selling several of the books on which the mini-series is based).  It's next on my reading list.

Lots of positive "buzz" on this series.  Hope it lives up to expectations.

surfcaster said...

Byron,

As soon as find the Blu-Ray B.O.B. at reasonable cost (I'm a cheap bastage when upgrading) I will gladly ship you my B.O.B. DVD set if you don't have it by then.

C-dore 14 said...

Byron, Not that I'm giving free advertising to Costco but, they usually have the BoB DVD set on sale around the holidays.

LT B said...

Quite a set of shoest to fill.  Not really a sequel, but still has to hold the high standard of BoB.  Then again, Hanks/Spielberg do not disappoint together, IMHO.