Monday, April 07, 2008

Absolut Turkey?


Ohhhhh no. I don't think we have to worry about that anytime soon. I was steering around the subject of the Absolut Kerfuffle as I thought others like Michelle were handling it fine - and some of my pals who have never lived or gone to school in California on the other end who were positively Andrew Sullivanesque is their bizarre-o-world hyperventilating on the other side - just made the whole thing something for others to worry about. However .....

If you wanted another reason to know why this story resonates, all you have to do is visit other nations that have issues with borders and ethnic conflict. Real border issues and real ethnic conflict - Turkey. We don't have to get itchy, they will do it for us.

"Turkey Spy" sent the scan of the paper Hürriyet (in English here, and the article online in Turkish here). I think this makes Michelle's point quite well.

No comments: