Thursday, April 04, 2013

Diversity Thursday

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times - there is nothing wrong with the young people today ... it is the adults who are the problem.

It isn't young men's fault that 20% are on mind-numbing drugs ... it is the adults who don't have what it takes to raise them. They are fine .... it is the adults that need professional help.

On this DivThu I am also reminded that it is this generation who will take the initial, but weak, push back started by Gen X & Y against the older generations cancer of (D)iversity and make it stronger.

They are doing it the way it should be done, through satire, shame, and just plain logic.

Perfect example is this pull quote from Suzy Lee Weiss - a senior in High School. Note to all those Midshipmen or soon to be Midshipmen ... find Suzy. Ask her out ... she has the raw material for an epic partner - she is in the Wall Street Journal before she can even vote for goodness sakes.

Note;
Colleges tell you, "Just be yourself." That is great advice, as long as yourself has nine extracurriculars, six leadership positions, three varsity sports, killer SAT scores and two moms. Then by all means, be yourself! If you work at a local pizza shop and are the slowest person on the cross-country team, consider taking your business elsewhere.

What could I have done differently over the past years?

For starters, had I known two years ago what I know now, I would have gladly worn a headdress to school. Show me to any closet, and I would've happily come out of it. "Diversity!" I offer about as much diversity as a saltine cracker. If it were up to me, I would've been any of the diversities: Navajo, Pacific Islander, anything. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, I salute you and your 1/32 Cherokee heritage.
Read it all - and join this generation as they will be the ones to cure our nation of that intellectual cancer that is this whole bright shining lie of (D)iversity.

Better thing is that Suzy is making all the right people angry (here and here). As a parent who is going through the college thingy right now ... her article really hits home.

Things were so much easier in the '80s.

No comments: