Thursday, November 03, 2005

A woman leads from the front

Mrs. Smash takes point for Navy.

While Smash is busy with his "real" job, I've been asked to take over certain tasks "around the house." One of the duties I've been assigned is heading the charge for the Navy in the Project Valour-IT Fundraising Competition. Now, I'm not as eloquent or as inspiring as our noble leader, so bear with me. I'm trying...



Given the multiple natural disasters that have hit our nation and the world in the past few months, I know a lot of people are experiencing donor fatigue right now. And the Holidays are right around the corner, so we're all counting our pennies. But in that spirit of holiday giving, if you have a few bucks, I hope you'll consider donating to this worthy cause.

There is currently an inter-service challenge to see which branch can raise the most money between now and Veterans Day, November 11th. As the Navy team "leader" (or at least, cheerleader), I hope you'll help us and blow the other services branches out of the water (pardon the nautical pun). (editors note - blogspot won't accept the paypal code, so this is the best I can do)

Donors may also send in donations to:



Soldiers Angels
Valour-IT Fund
1792 East Washington Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91104

Donations sent in the mail should be sent early on as they must be received by Nov 11 to count towards the contest. Include our team name (NAVY) with the donation so that we receive credit for it.

It's a tax-deductible donation and eligible for matching funds from companies who do that sort of thing.


So Give Early and Often! GO NAVY!! BEAT ARMY! (and Air Force and Marines...)

No comments: