Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Four Schools of Anti-Piracy

A week after the 2010 USNI History Conference; Piracy on the High Seas that I attended at Annapolis, there are two things that continue to come to mind for me; two conflicts that are for a large part responsible for the inability of the West to cobble together a solid response to piracy.

I summarize the conflicts over at USNIBlog -
head on over and give it a read.
UPDATE: Steve Carmel has make a very good response to my post in comments - you owe it to yourself to check them out.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

By the way, damn nice post over there - you wouldn't be having Mr Carmel on Midrats anytime soon, would you?

I'm sadly behind on my Midrats, but plan on catching up on the last few this weekend... (yup, I save 'em all!)

Anonymous said...

I'm still meditating on the many aspects of the economy affected by pirates then and now....with each day, something else sinks in about the bigger picture and the need to skillfully extract lessons of the past....in the right way, lest you tirp yourself up in a big way.

xformed said...

I'm still meditating on the  information from A week ago....powerful stuff.

ewok40k said...

I'd love to see a hostage rescue operation complete with burning of any pirate boats that would happen to be in the port at the time as secondary objective. I bet USN SEAL teams are capable of pulling this off.

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

I too, would like to hear his side of the story.

Grandpa Bluewater said...

Lt Maynard, RN had the answer. It still is the right one.

ewok40k said...

USN had the answer at Tripoli too...