Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The official off-duty magazine of CDR Salamander ...

I am on my fourth issue - and I cannot offer a higher recommendation.

I don't know what you Yankees might think - but I have found a great magazine -
Garden & Gun.

Perfect example came from the APR/MAR editions "End of the Line" article by Roy Blount, Jr. starts out with this,
You know how to test the proposition that a dog is a man's best friend? Lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car, drive out into the woods somewhere, and let them out. Which one do you think is going to be glad to see you?
Check it out. 'Nuff said.

9 comments:

surfcaster said...

"<span>I don't know what you Yankees might think" Yeh, this Yankee doesn't do gardens. More of a OnTheWater.com kinda guy. Tight lines.
</span>

Grumpy Old Ham said...

That is an excellent test.  I think I'm gonna have to try it soon.

Byron said...

AWESOME! My wife does the gardening, I do the watering and enjoying, and I'm absolutely sure who'd give me a lick on the face when I opened the trunk...and it wouldn't be the wife! :)

MaryR said...

I LOVE that magazine. My brother gets it and I steal every issue

Therapist1 said...

Excellent test. 

Kristen said...

Better remove any and all guns from the trunk before locking your wife in. 

surfcaster said...

Hehehe ;)

Peterk said...

great mag!

virgil xenophon said...

Thanks for the tip!! Unfortunately my wife is not amused. Although raised as a tom-boy farm girl outside of Opelousas, La. (Home of Jim Bowie :) ) these days her idea of "roughing it" is if we have to stay in a Holiday Inn. (Although she is a gardening maniac--so likes that bit)