Thursday, March 09, 2006

My first threat!!!!

I would have preferred a fatwa....but this will do.
While you have every right to express your views as a blogger, be careful not to open yourself to a libel law suit by publishing and spreading wrong and defaming facts about a person you identify by name. When in doubt or uncertain about the authenticity of a fact, it is better to err on the side of caution and not unintentionally spread incorrect information. Legal fees can get pretty expensive. Better not to take the chance.
No details and specific items to counter that information in the post (not really important to link to the post in question - who knows they might be right - if so I will take down the post) that are defaming (their definition, not mine); so the post stands. You know me, I will be the first to correct myself if I am shown that something that I link to, or say myself, is incorrect. No partial credit for "he said, she said."

I knew I was in trouble when the email started this way;
I am a Christian. My faith is centered in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. It is in the context of this relationship that I pray. Every prayer I offer to my Lord, whether publicly or privately, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. I cannot do otherwise.
Hint on the subject post.

Some Brother or Sister (no name on the email) needs to review 1 Corinthians 6:1-8. I'm going to go have a good cry now.

No comments: