Friday, October 07, 2005

2005 Nobel Peace Prize to ........

Mohamed El Baradei and the IAEA?!?!

No. I am not making this up.

Simply amazing. The NPP has become a joke. Arafat, Carter, now MEB/IAEA? Please excuse me if I don't give a damn anymore.

What peace has been brought to the world that this prize is deserved by MEB/IAEA?
IAEA inspectors have had to deal with major crises in Iraq, North Korea and Iran in recent years.

Over the past couple of years, the 63-year-old IAEA director, who is a former Egyptian diplomat, has also overseen investigations into the nuclear black market led by Pakistani scientist AQ Khan.
I don't see a success anywhere there.

At least I'm not alone.
But others, notes the BBC's Bethany Bell, say the IAEA does not deserve the prize, accusing it of failing, for example, to prove conclusively whether or not Iran's nuclear ambitions are peaceful.
Pathetic.

No comments: