Public AffairsHere is a fun leadership drill or two. Have a Molly O'Mally or Erika Svenberg ... or better yet Rose Liebowitz want to send in an application. They tell them they won't win. "Why? " They will ask. You respond, "Because you don't have the right ethnic background." They have them respond, "So, that Navy is supporting an organization with TAD money that discriminates on the basis of race, creed, color and/or national origin?" Then you say, "Yes." Then give her a the hotline number. Not that she will find a willing ear at the IG's office - but it will be a fun drill.
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 XX:1XX
Subject: CNRFC: National LATINA Symposium "Distinguished Service" Award Criteria
National LATINA Symposium "Distinguished Service" Award Criteria (Navy instructions)
LATINA Style Magazine has become an influential publication reaching the contemporary Hispanic woman. LATINA Style broke new ground in 1994 by launching the first national magazine dedicated to the needs and concerns of the contemporary Latina professional workingwoman and the Latina business owner in the United States. With a national circulation of 150,000 and a readership of nearly 600,000, LATINA Style is unique in its ability to reach both the seasoned professional and the young Latina entering the workforce for the first time. The period of performance for this award is from September 2008 through August 2010. Nominees are expected to attend recognition events in September 2010 in Washington, D.C. The recipient's unit is responsible for paying related per diem and travel costs.
Eligible Award Categories
- Distinguished Service Award
- A typewritten, single-spaced narrative in Microsoft Word (not to exceed one page) describing the nominee's accomplishments that support the LATINA Style award criteria
- Embodies the qualities that are at the core of the Navy's mission
- Respected by superiors and peers as leaders and upstanding service members
- Display exceptional character and represent their respective community with dignity and pride
- One page (single spaced) citation in Microsoft Word (not to exceed 18 lines of narrative, 12-pitch font, with 1 inch left and right margins) summarizing nominee's accomplishments for publication in a program brochure
- A black and white or color, high resolution digital (jpg file) head and shoulders photo of the nominee
- Nomination cover sheet
- One page, single-spaced biography in Microsoft Word format
- Cover memo
- Electronic submissions only
- Email all documents and high res photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 19 July 2010
Award Presentation/Conference Info
- Fifth Annual National LATINA Symposium
- 9 September 2010
- Washington, DC
LATINA Style Nomination Cover Sheet
I. Nominee Information
Name of Nominee:
II. Nominating Official's Information
Another fun drill. Have your "Admin O" run the numbers on the TAD costs - especially you Hawaii, C5F AOR and Japanese units. Run that by what schools you cannot send Sailors to because of funding shortfalls. Bring that up at the next CNO call - ask him what the priority is.
Be prepared to throw up a little in your mouth.
As for the message; let me play N1.