As expected, it is as substantive as fried air, full of platitudes, paternalism and fuzzy logic - but has some sad things in there. It has some people used as examples in it that I know would not normally want to be thrown in with a lot that casts them as a sectarian minded person defined by their DNA - but alas, they seem to have been talked in to it.
Sad. Good people who when I served with who just wanted to be identified by their performance - who are now being used as part of a divisive and racialist mindset.
Then there are those things that are a bit more telling. I am sure you can find a couple of them in the document yourself - but this is what got my eye.
- Clear precepts to consider diversity as part of the whole-person concept.
- Allow top 10 percent of class vice SAT scores (Florida, New York, Texas auto-select to State colleges).
- Maximize Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) White House program.
- Offer SAT prep for NJROTC students.
- Of 110 Alternative Scholarship Reservations awarded, 25 percent were for African-Americans, 20 percent
Hispanic, and 10 percent Asian and Pacific Islander.
- we do want our precepts to ask the members to think along racial and ethnic lines, you know, just like the KKK. So much for the Navy saying it isn't a factor. They still have not described how they will deal with mixed race personnel and racial self-identification fraud. But, of course they won't - that would make things messy.
- we don't believe in objective criteria. SAT is objective. Saying that the same potential comes from the Top 10% of Detroit Schools vice Top 10% of Fairfax Schools is madness - and in a way - creatively lying to yourself.
- HBCUs? Feh. Harmless - unless they get more access than other institutions - then it is clear paternalistic bias.
- Thank you for confirming what I said when the program came out. ASR is all about counting beans. You owe me a beer.
Remember - when you are told that Diversity as the Navy executes it does not mean quotas - does not mean unequal treatment - does not mean changing objective standards to meet numbers - don't let them get away with it. They are either being too clever by half, almost lying to your face, or don't even know what the programs are. I got news for you - 99% of the time - it isn't the later. Either way - take it for what it is; an insult to your intelligence.