The GI Film Festival is not only the premiere film festival honoring America’s troops but also the most significant film festival in the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area. Major corporate sponsors for 2009 festival include among others: Target Corporation; TriWest Healthcare Alliance; America’s Huey 091 Foundation; Pence-Friedel Developers, Inc; USO International; MGM/UA; HBO, Inc.; American Military University, and Discovery Communications’ “The Military Channel.”More here on GIFilmFestival.
Highlights of the “Seven Days in May” event include:
* 48 documentary and narrative premiere films from the nation’s top independent and studio filmmakers, including active duty GIs and military veterans;
* Sixteen feature-length films: Perfect Valor; Lioness; The Way We Get By; Jerabek; Triangle of Death; Bedford: The Town They Left Behind; America’s Marine Aviators; Inheritance of War; The Divided; Seal Team VI; Everyman’s War; Warriors in their Own Words; Injury Slight…Please Advise; Art in the Face of War; My Vietnam, Your Iraq; The Lesson is Priceless;
* “Work in Progress” exclusive screening of the feature film Lt. DanBand: The Documentary, following actor Gary Sinise as he and his Lt. DanBand entertain our troops worldwide and the many incredible organizations that support our heroes and their families. The film is directed by military veteran and Hollywood filmmaker, Jonathan Flora;
* World Premiere of Citizens United Production’s Perfect Valor, featuring former Senator Fred Dalton Thompson; produced by David Bossie (Border Wars);
* GI Film Festival red carpet premiere of HBO’s Taking Chance, starring Kevin Bacon;
* GI Film Festival red carpet premiere for “Wounded Warriors” of MGM/UA’s Valkyrie, starring Tom Cruise;
* World Premiere of the feature documentary America’s Marine Aviators;
* VIP reception featuring the launch of the new USO national publication, On Patrol;
* Special private screening for Members of Congress of the GI Film Festival’s 2008 “Best Feature Documentary,” Brothers at War;
* Presentation of the GI Film Festival’s “GI Spirit Award” to actress Karri Turner;
* A reception at the Russell Senate Caucus Room honoring military veterans in Congress featuring special guest Medal of Honor recipient Senator Daniel K. Inouye;
* VIP receptions featuring celebrities, top military leaders and warriors, and filmmakers.
Hat tip BigHollywood.