R 301910Z MAR 09Does CNO N1 mean what he says, or are we just trying to sound serious?
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
TO NAVADMIN INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
UNCLAS//N05354// NAVADMIN 094/09 MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAR// SUBJ/2009 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR AND COMMAND MANAGED EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TRAINING SYMPOSIUM// RMKS/1. THIS NAVADMIN ANNOUNCES THE 2009 NAVY EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISORS (EOA) AND COMMAND MANAGED EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (CMEO) TRAINING SYMPOSIUM TO BE HELD AT THE DEFENSE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (DEOMI) AT PATRICK AIR FORCE BASE, COCOA BEACH, FL FROM 18-22 MAY 2009. THIS YEAR'S THEME IS "EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: ACCOUNTABILITY DRIVEN - COMPLIANCE BASED." MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION BY NAVY EOAS, CMEOS AND COMMAND LEVEL LEADERSHIP IS ENCOURAGED.
Let's assume, as we should, that every word out of CNO N1 is to be taken seriously.
ac⋅count⋅a⋅bil⋅i⋅ty: əˌkaʊntəˈbɪlɪti/ [uh-koun-tuh-bil-i-tee]
1. the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
2. Education. a policy of holding schools and teachers accountable for students' academic progress by linking such progress with funding for salaries, maintenance, etc.
com⋅pli⋅ance: kəmˈplaɪəns/ [kuhm-plahy-uhns]
1. the act of conforming, acquiescing, or yielding.
2. a tendency to yield readily to others, esp. in a weak and subservient way.
3. conformity; accordance: in compliance with orders.
4. cooperation or obedience: Compliance with the law is expected of all.
Keep your huggy-snuggly feel good talk for someone that is ignorant about how this works in our Navy - and/or doesn't have a dictionary.
What a huge cancer and blight our leadership has allowed the Diversity Bullies to inject into our Navy. Less bully it seems than, dare I say, fascist.
One last snarky note - like their Spring Break '07 in VaBch - note where and when they are having their meeting?
PATRICK AIR FORCE BASE, COCOA BEACH, FL FROM 18-22 MAY 2009.They never seem to have these meetings in Newport in Winter, do they? We can't PCS my YN2 in time for his kids to start school due to money shortages ... but we sure have enough to party!