Hat tip NATO spy.10 Levels of being a NATO Staff Officer
1. Euphoria: Phase between receipt of orders and check-in. "Pack your bags honey, we're going to Europe!"
2. Motivated: Check-in phase. Ends the moment you receive your first "NATO" task.
3. Confusion: First NATO task received. It makes no sense.
4. Disillusionment: You realize that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.
5. Guilt: You submit a NATO leave chit to take off for an entire month.
6. Focused: You know the difference between AlP, ACE, NRD and can route a SSS.
7. Anger: Tired of stupid tasking.
8. Apathy: Tired of being angry.
9. Acceptance: The "You can't fight city hall" mentality takes effect. Eventually you end up at level 4 again.
10. Stockholm Syndrome: You use the words "NATO" and "WE" in the same sentence.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I don't think this is specific to NATO ....