Thursday, August 21, 2008

I think I have to get a TomTom

I have been a Garmin guy for a decade (early adopter once I got hooked on MILSPEC Trimble goodies) - but I just might have to get a TomTom GPS.
Motorists bored by the monotonous tones of their sat navs are turning to A Team star Mr T, Sex in the City actress Kim Cattrall and comedian John Cleese to brighten up their journeys.
...
Navtones.com, which offers a range of voices, lists its top five downloads in Britain as Mr T, Miss Cattrall, and the American actors Dennis Hopper, Gary Busey and Burt Reynolds.

TomTom, the leading satnav manufacturer, said its most popular voices were John Cleese, Mr T, Dennis Hopper, Burt Reynolds and a Victor Meldrew impersonation.
...
Eddie Izzard, the comedian, offers his own set of directions for £4.99, which includes phrases such as "For God's sake turn left", "Bear left, monkey right" and "You turn ahead, I'll stay here".




Where is Gunny Hartman though - a natural if you ask me.

No comments: