Her post is just such a series of "random leftist who doesn't talk to anyone outside her echo chamber" comments, that it is numbing. Ignorance isn't too much of a problem, it is stupidity that drives me nuts. I don't think Emily Messner (nee Bernstein) is stupid. I just think she is ignorant when it comes to the meatier ends of national security issues.
She would do herself and her readers a great favor if she took up a year-long embed with the Marines in Iraq. She would find herself,as a primary source, all the answers to the following questions.
- How many more times will we let fear blur the line between right and wrong, humane and inhumane?Emily, the world where those who would either kill you are put you in a burka is a nasty, brutish, and for most of them, short. Learn why. Write a book. Meet a cute Marine Major you meet there and introduce him to one of your WaPo women who cannot find a real man in DC lefty circles.
- How much liberty are we willing to sacrifice for safety?
- Are we safer today thanks to the Iraq war?
- Has 'coercive interrogation' made us more secure?
- Are we better off as a nation -- and as individuals -- when a few top officials can order government surveillance of American citizens?
Trust me, your articles will be more interesting than your last two:
Previous: Life on a Pig Farm: Raising Pork and Marking Ears | Next: Leadership in a Majority-Minority AmericaOh, she isn't on Michelle's favorites either.