Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Dutch come off the top rope!

I think this is a clear message from the Dutch people.
With most ballots counted in the referendum, projections indicate that at least 62% of voters said "No" to the charter and about 38% approved it.....
Turnout is reported to have been as high as 62%, more than the double the level politicians said was needed for the vote to be accepted as the public's verdict on the treaty.
The Dutch Prime Minister had something to say. I don't think it translates quite the way he wanted...but perhaps speaks volumes about the Europeas elite.
"The Dutch people have spoken tonight. Naturally I am very disappointed"
-Jan-Peter Balkenende
Dutch Prime Minister
BTW: Remember what I said yesterday? If you listened to me, you would have made almost 1% in one day.

Nee indeed!

No comments: