Friday, October 19, 2018

Fullbore Friday

May the Great God, whom I worship, grant to my country and for the benefit of Europe in general, a great and glorious Victory; and may no misconduct in any one tarnish it; and may humanity after Victory be the predominant feature of the British Fleet. For myself, individually, I commit my life to Him who made me, and may His blessing light upon my endeavors for serving my Country faithfully. To Him I resign myself and the just cause which is entrusted to me to defend. Amen. Amen. Amen.

- Horatio, Lord Nelson
This Sunday is Trafalgar Day, and you don't have to be British to celebrate the greatest battle of a great naval leader.

Outnumbered, but bold.

A hidebound enemy.

An opportunity.

Two videos tell the story better than I do.

Fullbore.




No comments: