If you are a vendor that did your 2013 business plan including airshows cancelled because the Blue Angles were pulled back; do not read this.
If your spouse or children are being impacted by a short fall of funds; don't read this.
If you want to understand what are the real priorities - then yes .... BEHOLD!
RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 1441432-UUUU--RUCRNADLet's do VADM Van Buskirk's math for him.
R 241432Z MAY 13
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAY//
SUBJ/2013 SEA SERVICE LEADERSHIP ASSOCIATION'S JOINT WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP
REF/A/DOC/OSD CONFERENCE GUIDANCE/29SEP2012//
NARR/REF A IS A SECDEF MEMO REGARDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CONFERENCE OVERSIGHT REQUIREMENTS AND DELEGATION OF CONFERENCE APPROVAL AUTHORITY. REF B IS DOD PUBLICATION 5500.7R, JOINT ETHICS REGULATION REGARDING OFFICIAL PARTICIPATION IN NON-FEDERAL ENTITIES. REF C IS DOD PUBLICATION 4500.46, USE OF GOVERNMENT AIRCRAFT AND AIR TRAVEL. REF D IS BUPERSINST 1001.39F,
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES FOR NAVY RESERVISTS.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) 26th Annual Joint Women's Leadership Symposium (JWLS) which will be held 6-7 June 2013 at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland. This year's symposium theme is "Stronger Self, Stronger Service."
2. Participation for this conference has been approved on a limited scope. Navy will sponsor 400 service members by funding their registrations to the conference. All Navy-funded registrations will be coordinated through the Navy Office of Diversity and Inclusion - Women's Policy. To obtain a conference registration reservation, contact OSC Jessica Myers, at (703) 604-
5482 or email@example.com.
3. Commands shall not fund registrations. Commands are not authorized to expend travel funds, including transportation, lodging and per diem. All other participation is at the service member's expense.
4. Recipients of the Captain Joy Bright Hancock (officer) and Master Chief Anna Der-Vartanian (enlisted) Navy leadership awards will be recognized during the symposium awards luncheon on 6 June 2013.
5. More information can be found on the SSLA website at www.sealeader.org/leadership-symposium-summary/.
6. Released by Vice Admiral S. R. Van Buskirk, N1.//
From the linked site:
Symposium FeeLet us hope that almost none of the attendees are members ... but to use round numbers in case a few are - let us use $350 a person as a planning number.
Non-SSLA Members: $399.00
Discount for SSLA Members
O7 and Up: $375.00
E4 and below:$199
400 attendees at $350 average price is ... $140,000. OK, let's lowball it at an average of $250 a person as the Navy negotiated a group discount: $100,000.
There you go. That doesn't even include the lost time for travel, sitting in the seat and watching the ice cream lick itself.
I guess the Navy branch of the Diversity Industry didn't get the memo.
The Gay-Fracking-Lord. Make sure the peasants give a few more tons of grain out of their seed corn - we have tournaments to play.