Most everyone will be focused on Boston anyway - rightfully.
In case you're wondering, here are a few things that are marinating in my nogg'n.
- Don't let others get away with, "Can you believe .... " type comments. We are at war, there will be more bombings, and not just by Islamic terrorists. Since I walked out of diapers we have had bombings from everyone from Communists to Eco-terrorists, to neo-naziesque wackjobs (CEN). The CEN attacks will be the exception, as we are in for at least a century of Islamic bombings regardless of who is in office and what their policies are. The weaker we are, the more bombings we will receive - but we can't stop them all. Accept it - and remind your neighbors.
- Anyone from any part of the political system who tries to use such events for tactical gain should be shamed and shunned. I don't care who they are. Ditto journalists.
- Any politician that once again uses terrorists attacks as an excuse to take away individual liberty should be shamed and shunned. I don't care who they are. This nation does not exist to be a police state.
- Think about where you live and where you go. If the event is something that even remotely from an international POV breaks above the news ambient noise - have a plan. If wearing your red hat you would make a strike where you are - have a plan. Brief your friends and family that if anything should happen, no reason to be dramatic you can simply say "if we get lost or thing get weird", have a plan on how to communicate and where to meet. Primary, backup and ready spare. Have a plan.
- Don't stress. Odds are, we will all go to our grave having a very ordinary uneventful life. You only get one run around the track, enjoy it.