A Navy short of funds.
A Navy Reserve that needs to husband its funds to ensure it supports the warfighter.
A Navy at war? What is not being done to support NSW forces fighting and bleeding, vice supporting the cancer that is the Diversity Industry - and the CNOs psycho-political fetish?-----Original Message-----From: ADSW, ADT, MOB officer opportunities [mailto:OPPORTUNITIES_OFFICER@WWW.LISTSERV.NAVY.MIL] On Behalf Of [REDACTED], Kedrick PS2 CNRFC, N3
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 9:38
Subject: Force Diversity Program Officer
1. Supported Command POC Information: CAPT Adam [REDACTED], (619) 537-[REDACTED], adam.[REDACTED]@navsoc.socom.mil.
2. Advertised Position Title: Force Diversity Program Officer
3. Supported Command, Duty Location: Naval Special Warfare Command (NSWC) Recruiting Directorate (RD), NAB Coronado, CA
4. Rank required: LCDR/O4 (1XXX, Warfare Designator)
5. Number of Positions Required: 1
6. Start Date: 01 OCT 2010
7. Number of Days: 1st QTR: 90 days, 2nd QTR: 90 days
8. Clearance Required: SECRET
9. Type of Orders: ADT (Quarterly ADT funding). Local fill only, no Per Diem.
10. Description of the Requirement or Tasks to be performed:
NSWC Diversity Programs Officer develops, directs, and manages outsourcing (contracted) efforts, outreach initiatives, reporting requirements, budget considerations, and all other requirements associated with minority-focused awareness building campaign efforts.
The candidate must have highly developed communication skills (writing, speaking, presentation building, and situation analysis); be comfortable advising and briefing senior officers; relate well to Sea, Air, Land (SEAL) and Surface Warfare Combatant-craft Crewman (SWCC) candidates of diverse backgrounds; understand marketing and awareness building practices; and understand Navy and Naval Special Warfare (NSW) diversity goals and strategies. Applicant must also be competent in managing government contracts. Prior NSW Experience is preferable, but not a requirement.
Applicant will be required to:
a. Champion diversity interests to include business case development, leadership concurrence and participation, organizational education, and coordination of marketing/awareness strategy support initiatives.
b. Support continuous process improvement and management of the NSW diversity strategy to include development of key metrics to measure support of NSW and CNO diversity goals.
c. Manage contracts and associated contract personnel, in-house initiatives, and volunteer support, to ensure best results in support of an awareness campaign designed to market to minority high potential candidates and their influencers.
d. Maintain physical conditioning and an appearance reflective of NSW's emphasis on professionalism, physical fitness, and mission readiness.
e. Provide frequent updates to the Recruiting Director and the NSW Commander, regarding progress, programs, best practices, and proposals for continuing operations.
f. Develop the NSW Annual Report on Diversity. Prepare NSW Commander to present this brief to the CNO.
This position is physically located at NSWC RD on NAB Coronado. Up to one week of travel per month may be required. An O4 is recommended for this billet because of frequent interaction with the Commander, NSWC, high-level community leaders, and the CNO's other diversity leaders. This ADSW billet will directly support the Global War on Terrorism by facilitating recruitment of racially diverse SEAL and SWCC operators to support projected operations in which racial alignment will provide tactical advantage.
11. Additional Remarks: If interested, submit a Resume/Military Bio with photo to POC listed. Deadline for applications is noon PST on Wednesday, 22 September 2010.