Saturday, March 28, 2009

Phib's secret happiness

I know, I know. There are some things best left unsaid. What is seen cannot be unseen. But I am sorry - this made me smile. I do not apologize, I am what I am. I may not buy tickets, but the fact this makes me happy, is that so wrong? Is that so wrong?
Spandau Ballet, the Eighties icons, are reuniting for a comeback world tour, ending one of the most bitter splits in British music history.

The five original band members - Tony Hadley, Steve Norman, John Keeble, and brothers Martin and Gary Kemp - chose HMS Belfast on the Thames, the scene of their famous 1980 gig, to announce they had buried the hatchet.

They will pocket an estimated £12 million for the tour, which kicks off in October with a string of British dates before heading to Europe, Asia and Australia. The band's first comeback performance will be on BBC One show Friday Night With Jonathan Ross in the coming weeks.
Hey, I'm perhaps not as happy as Andrew Sullivan at a Softcell and Petshop Boys double ticket .... but still .... I'm happy ... and no Skippy; I don't know if they were wearing Sailor Suits on the BELFAST.

Anyway - this is the early and best work, perhaps - and not just because it has a Hopkirkish look to it.



Ok; a little ghey - not that there is anything wrong with that.

No comments: