Thursday, February 09, 2006

Music for your mood

It has been one of those times as of late. Details not important. Anyway, on the way home earlier this week while sinking, thinking, and brooding down the road - one of the best remakes in years came on; and it has been feeding off my funk for days. I remember in 1982 enjoying this song while all my friends were listening to Molly Hatchet (MTV was actually about unique music then). It got to me then, but slowed down and re-mooded combined with my age, it soaks in more. I'm not the only one either, it seems. You can hear it here and hear it with a little video (with Asian cheerleaders Skippy) here.
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
And their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
Made to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me
The original Tears for Frears alblum is here, and you can hear some of the original here. I have the TFF vinal, but I might have to get the new CD. Gary Jules and Michael Andrews have done a great job here. Though, in the end, I think the song is keeping me in my funk. Yea, I can be a moody guy (shocker), but no meds for me. I want my anger, I feed off pain, I thrill in the challenge of panic and depression. That and I have access to things that go boom. Sleep tight!

No comments: