Monday, February 20, 2006

The future limps across the finish line

Chap comes up with a pic that takes me back, bittersweet, to a guy I was in NROTC with. He selected CH-53s on the West Coast, I think it was, because the gouge was that they were going to be the first to get the Osprey.

That was 1989. He left active duty a decade ago, and I think he is with a reserve unit in Norfolk. Not sure.

Anyway; the Osprey is great and I am glad it is reaching the fleet...but, oh the cost. Financial and professional....and in some ways personal.

Just remember, ask the hard questions at PowerPoint briefings. Just because a Flag Officer says something, that doesn't mean it is true. There are good people who do bad things to try to be part of something great. 'Nuff said.
UPDATE: If you understand what I am hinting at, then you have required reading over at FarEastCynic. Skippy, well, does a great job putting a dot on a few foreheads. Very accurate and honest observations. As usual, there are even pretty women to look at.

No comments: