Saturday, February 25, 2006

Iraq SITREP

I'm not there right now. What I do know is that the further you get from there, the more filtered your information is - and a lot of reports from Iraq depend on where that person is. Kind of like the old "Blind man describing an elephant."

What I do, besides trolling the MSM sites - is go to two very reliable primary sources in Iraq. I recommend that you check in every day or so until the Samarra bombing aftermath runs its course with IraqTheModel and HealingIraq. Even here, you will get two slightly different perspectives. Like Papa Salamander told me on his knee long ago,
"Son, don't believe everything you read - no one has the whole picture; and a lot of people just plain lie or are as dumb as a bag of hammers."
If Iraq can push through this and still make progress, then perhaps Bill Buckley will change his mind, or is just wrong like ProteinWisdom says. Bill's take has set me back....but even if the Old General is packing up his kit, it doesn't mean the rest of the Army is heading back to Paris.
UPDATE: Cool, and even better - The Mudville Gazette. Bravo Zulo.

No comments: