Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Guess how many beans I have in my pockets

Scott may not know it, but while beating his head against the DD(X) - again - while linking to a rather silly article (I think he agrees) in The BosGlo, he tickled a thought bouncing away in my addled brain for awhile.

We all know about the Revolt of the Admirals in the late 1940s and early 1950s, and the Army Air Corps Civil War of the pre-WWII era, but could we see a Navy Civil War.

There is a distinct break between what you hear from the Potomac Flotilla in the open, and what you hear at the bar after hours and in the Fleet.

The Tiffany Navy is not going to keep the USN in the same position it is right now. Too few ships going after a growing mission set. A classic disconnect.

I know a few Admirals that are willing to fight - but for now they are too loyal and are working from inside. Where is Admiral Tom Connolly when you need him.

Read the whole thing.

No comments: