According to stipulations in The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, random and unannounced visits might be a provision of the new government healthcare program. Those eligible and enrolled in the ‘Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program’ (MIECHV) can expect to receive random visits, especially those who are in “high risk categories”.Well, there you go.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HSS) recognizes high-risk categories as:
- Eligible families who reside in communities in need of such services.
- Low-income eligible families.
- Eligible families who are pregnant women who have not attained age 21.
- Eligible families that have a history of child abuse or neglect or have had interactions with child welfare services.
- Eligible families that have a history of substance abuse or need substance abuse treatment.
- Eligible families that have users of tobacco products in the home.
- Eligible families that are or have children with low student achievement.
- Eligible families with children with developmental delays or disabilities.
- Eligible families with individuals who are serving, or formerly served, in the Armed Forces.
Interesting country we're making here.
Hat tip WS.