Who are they spending $$$ to hire - and what will they be doing?
In other words - justify your existence. Focus on race and ethnicity and nothing else.A. San Diego, CA, Diversity Outreach CoordinatorThe Diversity Outreach Coordinator serves as the central point of contact for coordination of outreach events, opportunities and aircraft support and reports to the Diversity Program Manager and Diversity Director. Diversity Outreach Coordinator also serves as a subject matter advisor to the Diversity Director and Diversity Program Manager and provides advice and recommendations on diversity-related issues for the aviation community. Focuses on diversity outreach, trends and best practices to develop a responsive outreach program integrating the Navy's strategic diversity goals while maximizing return on investment. Compiles reports and metrics to assist the Diversity Director and Diversity Program Manager in adjusting direction and emphasis of outreach programs. Diversity Outreach Coordinator also serves as a key member of the Diversity Team in developing and delivering training to the fleet on naval aviation opportunities and mentoring as needed.Responsibilities:
- Independently seek out and develop strategic working relationships with organizations that have high minority demographics in order to help increase Navy awareness and to cultivate an interest in naval aviation through outreach events. Liaise and partner with presidents of national organizations and CEO's of companies to build sustainable partnerships, programs, and events which meet the mutual objectives of both organizations.
- Coordinate and provide a central point of contact within the Diversity Directorate to develop, maintain and distribute the Diversity Calendar of events. Ensure that diversity calendar is disseminated to the entire Tactical Diversity Team and other centers of influence to foster maximum support and partnering in the execution of outreach events.
- Foster and sustain good working relationships with senior leadership in other commands to acquire aircraft support and partner with other entities in outreach events. Coordinate large scale events involving sites, aircraft, pilots, recruiters, speakers, and participants.
- As requested by the Diversity Director, attend outreach events to ensure that all support is seamlessly orchestrated for optimal efficiency and participation. Events include school visits, speaking engagements, aircraft fly-ins and static displays. Perform public speaking presentations to a wide array of audiences, provide post-event reporting, and produce publishable news articles to highlight the Navy's participation and achievement. Have general background knowledge of the United States Naval Academy (USNA) & Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) scholarship Programs, Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program (BDCP) and other Navy offered scholarship opportunities.
- Manage Cross-Country website and be cognizant and responsive to all potential outreach opportunities involving pilots and aircraft with local Navy recruiting and NROTC units.
- Assist with training and facilitating the Formal Mentor Program. Possess knowledge and have personal mentoring experience in order to continue to refine the Formal Mentor Program and Mentor Train the Trainer Course and provide updates to instructional design, content and direction.
- Effectively deliver the Formal Mentor Training and Mentor Train the Trainer Course material to senior and junior officers and senior and junior enlisted personnel. Integrate assessment, evaluations and feedback to guide development of program.
- Perform as a leader of the bi-weekly Tactical Diversity Team Teleconference; develop agenda, maintain a comprehensive communication strategy, and disseminate information in a clear and timely manner to all team members. Ensure dissemination of diversity award information and ensure all commands are aware of these diversity award opportunities. Solicit award nominations and track status of award nominations.
- Brief and engage in meetings with senior officers and senior enlisted personnel. Possess superior communication skills with the ability to express oral and written ideas and facts in a clear and logical manner. Tailor communication conducive to specific audience levels from elementary school children to senior officer and senior executives.
- Document and maintain current status of all outreach events to help gauge the return on investment and to have readily available information in preparation of briefs for leadership at Commander, Naval Air Forces (CNAF), Naval Aviation Enterprise (NAE), (Office of the Chief of Naval Operations) OPNAV and Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) level.
- Identify good news stories, best practices, lessons learned and areas needing improvement within the Diversity Program. Be able to share that information and insight with the Diversity Staff and Tactical Diversity Team.
- Engage in other diversity community conferences as a representative on behalf of the Diversity Team as needed.
- Possess innovative skills to research, compile and analyze demographic data as requested in order to develop and ensure execution of productive outreach events and school visits.
- Possess a passion for diversity and the initiative to pursue opportunities that will cultivate and foster an interest in naval aviation and maximize the return on the investment of the Diversity Team.
- Provide sound knowledge, advice and counsel to client on all diversity-related issues.
- Make basic updates to the Diversity website and Cross-Country website.Required Skills:
- Aviation experience and/or Military experience required.
- Superior written, oral communication and public speaking skills required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
- Strong organizational skills and/or event planning experience required.
- Self-starter and strong initiative required.Desired Skills:
- Proficiency in basic website maintenance desired.
- Instructor/Facilitator experience desired.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.Clearance: SecretPOC: Kara [redacted], 703-769-[redacted], kara.[redacted]@rgsinc.com
What intellectual cancer.