Navigation/Junior Officer of the Deck (JOOD) Instructor - LCSOh goodness ... I.Must.Exercise.Self.Control.
Lockheed Martin – San Diego, CA
From: Jobs-to-Careers — 9 days ago
Req ID 236839BR
Industry Job Title Navigation/Junior Officer of the Deck (JOOD) Instructor - LCS San Diego
Standard Job Code/Title E4443:Customer Trainer Sr
Required skills Required skills for this position are:
- 4 to 7 years commissioned Surface Warfare Officer (USN or USCG), completed two Division Officer sea tours or Senior QM qualified as Underway Officer of the Deck (OOD)
- Possess expert knowledge in Voyage Management System (VMS), Electronic Chart Display & Information System - Navy (ECDIS-N) and the Rules of the Road
Desired skills Desired skills for this position are:
- Recent, relevant deployed experience or experience on an LCS or waterjet propelled High Speed Vessel
- Completed tour as a Navigator, Piloting Officer or Leading Quartermaster
- Master Training Specialist
- Curriculum development experience
- 9502 NEC or other military training experience
Specific Job Description This position is for a Navigation/Junior Officer of the Deck (JOOD) Instructor to work during the second shift at the Littoral Combat Ship Training Facility (LTF) in San Diego (Billet Number FY13-01).
This individual will be part of a multi-instructor workforce providing advanced training and operating advanced ship-handling simulators to support normal, abnormal and combat learning objectives for crews serving aboard Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). Will report to and coordinate activities with the LM MS2 Lead Instructor at the LTF.
"...abnormal ... learning objectives for crews serving aboard Littoral Combat Ship (LCS)."That, ummmm. Kind of, eh .... says it all I think.
Hat tip J.