Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The official McCain blog

Not bad. Check out McCainReport. Unlike the breathless idol worship of the Obamatons - this actually reads like a blog. An example.
Asked how he could "rail against Countrywide Financial Corp as an example of insiders and today's economy while your VP search is headed by someone who got questionable loans from Countrywide," Obama responds:
"I am not vetting my VP Search Committee for their mortgages. You’re going to have to direct – it becomes sort of a – this is a game that can be played – everybody, who is tangentially related to our campaign, I think, is going to have a whole host of relationships. I would have to hire the vetter to vet the vetters. I mean, at some point, we just asked people to do their assignments. Jim Johnson has a very discrete task, as does Eric Holder, and that is simply to gather up information about potential vice presidential candidates. They’re performing that job well. It’s a volunteer, unpaid position. And they’re giving me information, and I will then exercise judgment in terms of who I want to select as a vice presidential candidate. So these aren’t folks who are working for me. They’re not people who I have assigned to a particular job in a future administration. And ultimately, my assumption is that this is a discrete task that they are going to be performing for me over the next two months."
Obama's proven to be a questionable judge of character, at best. One could go down the line of unsavory characters with whom Obama had close personal, financial, and political relationships, but were later tossed overboard when embarrassing statements, connections, or indictments came to light. In Johnson's case, the only qualification Obama offered for his selection was that "he is a friend of mine. I know him." That alone should raise red flags.
On the blogroll.

No comments: