Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Baghdad-on-Clyde

So, you have a member of Parliament who has to resign due to death threats to his family because of his support of the government and the security services.

Baghdad? No. Welcome to Newlabouristan.
A Labour MP is stepping down after receiving death threats over his role in bringing three racist killers to justice.

Mohammad Sarwar, who became Britain's first Muslim MP in 1997, said he feared the lives of his family were also in jeopardy.

He was instrumental in arranging the extradition of Imran Shahid, Zeeshan ShahidMohammed Faisal Mushtaq after they fled to Pakistan.

The three were jailed for life last year for the abduction and racially aggravated murder of teenager Kriss Donald, who was kidnapped, tortured and killed in Glasgow in 2004.

Mr Sarwar, 54, told the Daily Record: "Life is not the same, to be honest with you, since I brought them back. I was subjected to threats.

"I was told they wanted to punish my family and make a horrible example of my son - they would do to him what they did to Kriss Donald. I received threats to my life, to murder my sons, to murder my grandchildren."

If you want to know how far Britain has fallen - imagine if this had to a US Representative or Senator - because that is the level we are talking about.

So, what is the problem? Could it be .... no .... can't say it.

Peas be upon you.

Hat tip Jawa.

No comments: