Kevin Kiley, the three-star general (editor's note: terminal pay grade in this case) in charge of all Army medical facilities, seemed stumped as he testified yesterday about his responsibility for the Walter Reed scandal.Read the whole thing to get a better perspective on the other General in question - one who is saying and doing the right thing - BG Weightman.
- "I'm trying not to say that I'm not accountable," he told members of the House oversight committee.
- "I don't do barracks inspections at Walter Reed," he said.
- "In my role as the MedCom commander," he said, "Walter Reed was not my only command."
- "My staff informed me that the Walter Reed staff was working it."
- "I command by commanding through my commanders and trusting them to execute the mission."
- "I don't get involved at my level . . . at an individual issue."
Guess who has been fired - and who has not.