Wednesday, January 24, 2007

SOTU

A solid speech, a good one for GWB. Didn't juice me one way or another - but as Jonah noticed - there was one thing that hit me: what the Democrats DIDN'T stand up for.
This is not the fight we entered in Iraq, but it is the fight we are in. Every one of us wishes that this war were over and won. Yet it would not be like us to leave our promises unkept, our friends abandoned, and our own security at risk. Ladies and gentlemen: On this day, at this hour, it is still within our power to shape the outcome of this battle. So let us find our resolve, and turn events toward victory.
Sigh. Oh, Senator Webb was horrible. Just horrible. The speech read fine, but, ungh, the way he delivered it. Don't get me started on the substance.....

What speech would I give? Well, with the mood I have been in this week, something along the lines of this.

No comments: