Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Deconstructing Senator Biden

There is plenty of panting out there about what Sen. Biden said: something the is of little shock to those who know the Senator and the Left in general.
“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that's a storybook, man.”
Let's take that apart.
"..first mainstream African-American.." - He is may be one of the few real African Americans out there. His father was from Africa. His mother was from America. He is not, however, and African American as Sen. Biden meant it. As a matter of fact, he is, literally, as White as Black. Just a fact. I thought only the Klan believed in the one drop rule. Senator Obama has less of a connection toexperienceiance of most all Americans of African extraction in the U.S. His father or any other part of his family has a connection to slavery as it was practiced in the New World. He grew up in Indonesia and Hawaii. He knew about as much discrimination growing up as a White kid growing up in Indonesia and Hawaii. And yes, if you are White, you get plenty of grief as a kid. I know, I had to raise mine there for a few years.

"..who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," - I am almost without words. Articulate, bright, clean. If I said something like that about one of my Sailors whose father was from Kenya I would probably be relieved at worst, in front of the First Flag Officer in the Chain of Command most likely, and rolled out of my present UIC early at best. Benjamin Banneker, G.W. Carver, MLK, Bill Cosby, Justice Thomas, Bill Clinton just to name a few off the top of my head. Senator or not, neither Senator Obama or Senator Biden (or me for that matter) aren't fit to hold the horse of any of those men. Well, maybe the last one.

“I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” - Senator Obama is a well educated, solid, though very Left, politician. Almost garden variety at this stage of the game. "Storybook?" Only if you are telling a story about a standard issue upper-middle class kid who went to the Ivy League and became a college prof and a politician.

This whole thing tells us nothing about Sen. Obama - but what it does tell us is a lot we already knew about the establishment Left politicians who run the Democrat Party. They have a paternacondescendingdsending attitude towards minorities and take them and their vote for granted; because it is. In the 90-95% range every time. They have little respect for those who happily stay on the plantation.

Yea, I wrote that. I come from an old-line plantation family, I know it when I see it; from both sides.

No comments: