Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gen. Barry McCaffery ONSTA report

Retired General McCaffery (Clinton Administration Drug Czar) gives a report from Iraq that is about the best, as far as being closest from what I hear is going on there right now, that has come from a “fact finding mission.” He did not go on a Republican dog and pony show, and you could not call him a "pro-Bush" general.

You really need to read the whole thing, I really believe this is a clear headed, honest report. What caught my eye, was one throw away line that I think is critical for our Republic….and one that I agree with, I see, and I will not let anyone forget.
Gen. McCaffrey also warns that "there is a rapidly growing animosity" among U.S. troops toward the press.

"The reason it bothers me is shades of Vietnam," Gen. McCaffrey said in an interview. "It took my generation 20 years to get over Vietnam, the sense that the press had been against us as soldiers."
Yep, we see what we see - and we hear what you report. You can BS some of the people at home, but what you are selling isn't being bought here.

Like I said, read the whole thing. Executive Summary: we have a victory, and can keep it for less and less cost each year - if we don’t quit early.

No comments: