Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ayaan Hirsi Ali - class act to the end

It is official, she has resigned. Read the whole thing. She ends in style. America will be a better place with her.
That transition from becoming a member of a clan to becoming a citizen in an open society is what public service has come to mean for me. Only clear thinking and strong action can lead to real change, and free many people within our society from the mental cage of submission. The idea that I can contribute to their freedom, whether in the Netherlands or in another country, gives me deep satisfaction.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as of today, I resign from Parliament. I regret that I will be leaving the Netherlands, the country which has given me so many opportunities and enriched my life, but I am glad that I will be able to continue my work. I will go on.
Europe? Closer to Dhimmitude.

Hat tip LGF.

No comments: