Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Doonesbury: The slime and the smear of a bitter generation

Since I left my childish Leftist beliefs behind (there were a few here and there), my ability to abide Doonesbury has become less and less.

Most of you know my attitude problem with the Baby Boomers and their narcissism. Doonesbury is a perfect example of that. All the clichés, politics, thoughts, perspectives, myths and priorities of the large Leftist wedge of that spoiled, selfish generation can be found in that strip.

The last straw of many last straws has been the treatment of B.D. and his return from Iraq. Take all the tired, debunked, post-Vietnam smears of veterans, and it has been rolled up into one stinking ball slathered over B.D.

Shame isn't enough. Time to shun.

BTW, I'll be "off-line" for a couple of days. Cheers all.
BT

Have to leave on a positive note. Love the dog, and find the vest add-ons very interesting. Reminds me of those "AK" vests you see bad guys wear.



U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Shawn M. Gallagher , a dog handler attached to the 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, and Youry, a Belgian Malinois, stand guard in Ramadi.
(Cpl. Tom Sloan / U.S. Marine Corps)

No comments: