Saturday, July 09, 2005

Dishonoring 9/11

Why don’t we just have Osama Bin Laden direct a movie on the founding of Israel? I’m with Joe Gandelman.
Should I commit suicide now or later? Oliver Stone is planning to make the first major film on the 911 terrorist attacks:
This is just so wrong in so many ways.

Hollywierd continues to demonstrate its hate of America as we are almost 4 yrs post-9/11 and there have been NO major efforts to make a film of any substance about the war from a major movie house. The mounted cavalry charge with B-52s early on in OEF, I though would be a no-brainer. I was there for the planning. I have inside (very funny) UNCLAS info for them direct from C5F briefings about saddles, horses, etc. Email me. Make a movie. Funny, inspiring, motivation, patriotic. Did I mention it had a cavalry charge by US Soldiers? Rumors from 2002 ... then ... nothing. Sigh. Sometimes.....

Captain Ed just updated his post with some info that is driving me to the beer cooler early today.
... Tony Kushner is writing the screenplay for this movie (hat tip: Ripclawe). For those unfamiliar with Kushner, he wrote the play "Angels In America: A Gay Fantasia On National Themes", which spawned the HBO miniseries "Angels In America". One of the angels according to Kushner was Ethel Rosenberg, who haunts Roy Cohn as he lay dying in Reagan's America in 1985. Got the picture?
I'm done until the Sunday Funnies.

No comments: