Monday, July 22, 2013

Who needs the Mahan treatment?

As you know, I'm a big fan of the format of LCDR BJ Armstrong, USN book 21st Century Mahan: Sound Military Conclusions for the Modern Era.

Over the weekend, I was thinking of other great naval and military thinkers who I think need to be looked at in the same manner - using primary sources to see what they have to inform us about the challenges we face now.

Sure, I have my list, but I am more interested in what other people think. How many have people have the same thinkers that I have, and what names do a lot of people think of that totally slipped my mind?

If you have a few that you would like to hear given the same treatment, head on over to USNIBlog where I'm trying a little "crowd sourcing" idea-scrum in comments.

No comments: