The defense secretary officially terminated five upcoming ship deployments last week and ordered one deployed frigate to return home.Hat tip Lee.
• The hospital ship Comfort will not conduct its “Continuing Promise 2013” humanitarian mission to Central and South America.
• The rescue and salvage ship Grasp will not deploy to U.S. European command.
• The frigate Kauffman will not deploy to U.S. Southern Command, once scheduled for April 5.
• The frigate Rentz will not deploy to U.S. Southern Command, once slated for April 19.
• The attack submarine Jefferson City will not deploy in April.
The frigate Thach, nearly half-way through its six-month counter-narcotics cruise, has been ordered to return to its homeport, San Diego, in April, PACFLT’s statement said.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013