Wait, that is easy - it is the core retrograde racialist mindset of it all - that was easy. It is the rest of the list that is hard to prioritize.
Let me see what I can do.
Well; sectarian, divisive, patronizing, insulting, bigoted, and wasteful. There' a start. Read the whole thing, then we'll chat about some of the gems.
R 151804Z JUN 12Here we go.
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
ZEN//OU=DOD/OU=NAVY/OU=ADDRESS LISTS(UC)/CN=AL NAVADMIN(UC)
INFO ZEN/CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: 2012 NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPME
NT AND TRAINING CONFERENCE
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN//
SUBJ/2012 NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
AND TRAINING CONFERENCE//
PAGE 02 RUEOMFA1101 UNCLAS
NARR/REF A IS DOD PUBLICATION 5500.7-R - JOINT ETHICS REGULATION REGARDING OFFICIAL PARTICIPATION IN NON-FEDERAL ENTITIES. REF B IS DOD DIRECTIVE 4500.56 - POLICY ON THE USE OF GOVERNMENT AIRCRAFT AND AIR TRAVEL. REF C IS BUPERSINST 1001.39F - AIR TRAVEL.//
SUBJ/2012 NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING CONFERENCE//
RMKS/1. THIS NAVADMIN ANNOUNCES THE NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS ASSOCIATION (NNOA) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING CONFERENCE BEING HELD 23-27 JULY 2012 AT THE ROOSEVELT HOTEL NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA.
2. NNOA FOSTERS THE ADVANCEMENT AND RECOGNITION OF MINORITY OFFICERS IN THE UNIFORMED NAVAL SERVICES. THE 2012 CONFERENCE THEME IS "NNOA: CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF SEA SERVICE, ENHANCING DIVERSITY IN THE SEA SERVICES."
3. THE UNIFORM WILL BE SUMMER WHITE FOR NAVY PERSONNEL AND BUSINESS ATTIRE FOR CIVILIANS. NAVY UNIFORM FOR THE FORMAL AWARDS BANQUET WILL BE DINNER DRESS WHITE JACKET (OR OPTIONAL SERVICE DRESS WHITE FOR O3 AND BELOW) AND BLACK TIE (OR EQUIVALENT) FOR CIVILIANS AND GUESTS.
4. AUTHORIZATION TO EXPEND APPROPRIATED FUNDS FOR ATTENDANCE OR SUPPORT AT THIS CONFERENCE IS PENDING OSD APPROVAL AND WILL BE PROMULGATED AT A LATER DATE.
5. REGISTRATION, TRANSPORTATION, AND LODGING INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THE NNOA WEBSITE AT WWW.NNOA.ORG. CONFERENCE FEES ARE $350 FOR LIFE MEMBERS, $375 FOR MEMBERS, AND $475 FOR NON-MEMBERS. AN ADDITIONAL FEE WILL BE APPLIED FOR ATTENDEES WHO REGISTER AFTER 7 JULY 2012. NNOA IS WAIVING REGISTRATION FEES FOR THE FIRST 100 JUNIOR OFFICERS (LIEUTENANT COMMANDER AND BELOW). OFFICERS WHO ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND SHOULD REGISTER EARLY FOR THE CONFERENCE AND THE HOTEL TO ENSURE RESERVATIONS ARE AVAILABLE.
6. POINTS OF CONTACT ARE:
A. CAPT JOEL PARKER AT (301) 400-[redacted] OR VIA E-MAIL AT [redacted](AT)NNOA.ORG OR [redacted](AT)MED.NAVY.MIL.
B. LCDR BEULAH HENDERSON (RET) AT (703) 231-[redacted] OR VIA E-MAIL AT [redacted](AT)NNOA.ORG
7. RELEASED BY VICE ADMIRAL S. R. VAN BUSKIRK, N1.//
NNOA FOSTERS THE ADVANCEMENT AND RECOGNITION OF MINORITY OFFICERS IN THE UNIFORMED NAVAL SERVICES.That really tells you all you need to know. This is an organization that at its core is exclusionary, bigoted, racialist, and views people the same way as the KKK - by the color of someone's skin.
Whatever good intentions and use this organization may have once had - it is nothing but a negative well in to the second half of the 21st Century.
Harsh? Perhaps - but I have no use for anyone in the US military, regardless of their DNA - who either defines themselves or others by something as useless as self-identified race. Nothing good will every come of it.
And the Navy supports it. Nice. Then again - judging from their website, they have no pretense than to be anything but sectarian.
AUTHORIZATION TO EXPEND APPROPRIATED FUNDS FOR ATTENDANCE OR SUPPORT AT THIS CONFERENCE IS PENDING OSD APPROVAL AND WILL BE PROMULGATED AT A LATER DATE.Well, we can at least try to stop that. Anyone hear anything yet?
CONFERENCE FEES ARE $350 FOR LIFE MEMBERS, $375 FOR MEMBERS, AND $475 FOR NON-MEMBERS.That does not include air fare, hotel fare, or per diem.
This is a 5-day conference. Two travel days for seven total. An entire work week lost. Tally that opportunity cost yourself.
Do I need to mention that this hotel - which I know very well - is off Canal St. one block diagonally from the intersection of Bourbon St. & the French Quarter? There is no major DoN presence any more in New Orleans. You can easily bookend two weekends in New Orleans if your liver can take it.
UPDATE: Want to go to San Diego in August? Decide to join Richard Nixon's administration's invented group.
UPDATE II - Electric Boogaloo: I'd love to take credit, but let's just say the timing of this email is just superb.
Oh what the heck;
From: All Hands Messages
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 15:57
Subject: Hold in Place on ALL Conference Attendance
Based on recent guidance, there is a hold in place on all conference attendance and sponsoring unless funds were obligated (e.g., travel authorizations were approved in DTS) prior to 03 June 2012. We are expecting further guidance on the matter and will send notification when the hold is lifted.
Jennifer [redacted], Esq.
Ethics Counselor, [redacted]
11.0, Code [redacted]
[redacted], DSN [redacted]