Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Ummm, should they be fired instead?

OK everyone. Take a deep breath. I want you to think of LCS. Then DDG-1000. Then LPD-17, and all things related to shipbuilding in the last half decade. Is that enough (sorry 1120s and fellow travelers, I'm ignoring you because it makes you all fussy and I don't understand anything you do but this cool stuff)? Now read this paragraph from an email my NAVSEA spy sent me, and ask yourself - does this set off the Fleet BS Meter?
We also recognized some deserving individuals for their contributions both to our mission and to the Society as a whole on Monday night. Rear Adm. Charles xxxxxx, PEO Ships, was presented the Gold Medal Award by Dr. Delores xxxx, Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development, and Acquisition. This award is given to an individual who has made a significant naval engineering contribution in a particular area during the past five years. Chuck has been instrumental in transforming naval ship design, acquisition and construction to a more collaborative development process that is both more efficient and more aligned to the Navy's current and future needs.
Yes, I love to ask my question, "Transforming into what?" ..... and I meant to say "they" in the title.

No comments: