Monday, December 04, 2006

McCain's Moral Reasoning on Iraq

Like I have said before, I have significant issues with Senator McCain on many issues; but on some subjects he is right on the money. I can safely say that I cannot find any logic gaps here. As reported by George Will. This is rock solid.
McCain applies two principles of moral reasoning. There can be no moral duty to attempt what cannot be done. And: If you will an end, you must will the means to that end.
I am very comfortable with this. I understand this. I can follow this. I can execute this. I can measure this.

I believe (not know) for Iraq that these are the two moral tests we should look at. As a matter of fact, it should be true anytime you ask someone to head over the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

obese hotshot regions impose chilled lung burrill spelling linhalavais postyour salaries
servimundos melifermuly