A MASSIVE mosque that will hold 40,000 worshippers is being proposed beside the Olympic complex in London to be opened in time for the 2012 Games.This is amazing to see; you could not make this up if you wanted.
The project’s backers hope the mosque and its surrounding buildings would hold a total of 70,000 people, only 10,000 fewer than the Olympic stadium.
Its futuristic design features wind turbines instead of the traditional minarets, while a translucent latticed roof would replace the domes seen on most mosques. The complex is designed to become the “Muslim quarter” for the Games, acting as a hub for Islamic competitors and spectators.
How to present this to you? There is so much here. The Executive Summary is that “Great” Britain has no leadership and is allowing itself to be destroyed without a fight…but that does not tell the story. In the finest traditions of the Naval Service, I will do this in bullet format.
- The 2012 Olympics are in London, UK. Ask the Chinese and they will tell you that when you host the Olympics, you are given a chance to showcase your nation, its values, etc.
- Lots of construction, billions of $, £, €, whatever. What is built and finds itself on the TV screen will become iconic symbol of that host nation and the Olympics; just ask the Germans.
- Religion, thankfully, has always been in the background, if altogether forgotten, during all Olympics.
- The UK is not, for now, and Islamic State.
- Islamic nations have never been a significant player in athletic events. Just the opposite, they have a pathetic track record outside the Pakistani Cricket team. In the Olympics they are usually one of the “*” countries.
- Saudi Arabia has no religious freedom at all. If you even hold a Christian Bible study in your hours, you will be arrested, and if a Saudi yourself, killed.
Because it is funded largely by Saudi Arabia, it is going to be of the fundamentalists Wahhabi bent – and all that comes with it. In case you were wondering.
“It will be something never seen before in this country. It is a mosque for the future as part of the British landscape,” said Abdul Khalique, a senior member of Tablighi Jamaat, a worldwide Islamic missionary group that is proposing the mosque as its new UK headquarters.The “British” government has made it such that the locals in West Ham cannot stop the construction or appeal its approval. How do the London Olympics and the mega-Mosque come into play together? The Mosque will be about 500 meters from the Olympic center, and will be the dominate building there for the world to see during the main Olympic events.
Tablighi Jamaat has come under scrutiny from western security agencies since 9/11. Two years ago, according to The New York Times, a senior FBI anti-terrorism official claimed it was a recruiting ground for Al-Qaeda. British police investigated a report that Mohammad Sidique Khan, leader of the July 7 London bombers, had attended its present headquarters in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. In August, Bavaria expelled three members of the organisation on the grounds that it promoted Islamic extremism.
2012 – Londonistan steps into the front stage. Congratulations, Dhimmi. This last little bit seals the deal.
... close to where the mosque location, the Kingsway International Christian Centre, Europe's biggest evangelical church, accommodating 12,000 worshippers, is being torn down to make way for the Olympic stadium.