Thursday, February 03, 2005

LT General Mattis - Any further questions?

My regular readers already know I would follow Lieutenant General Mattis about anywhere. Those that know him or his type will understand why.

The
Reuters crowd is all a'titter because they happened to hear the good General speak what is, as blunt as it is direct, true for many - though not all.
Lt. Gen. James Mattis, who led troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, made the comments at a conference Tuesday in San Diego.

"Actually it's quite fun to fight 'em, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you, I like brawling," said Mattis.

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said during a panel discussion. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."


His boss (Commandant of the Marine Corps General Hagee) had something to say,
"I have counseled him concerning his remarks and he agrees he should have chosen his words more carefully,"
Ahhhhh, to be a fly on that wall. I'm not sure my feelings are exactly in-line with LT GEN Mattis, but I'm not a Marine.

I will tell you who's feelings LT GEN Mattis is in line with. He looks like him, he kind of talks like him (the real one-not George C. Scott), and if you take time to General Patton's famous speach, you will know what I mean.

Glad he is on our side.

UPDATE: Good news. Both CAPT Ed and Hugh are giving General Mattis some topcover. Chester makes some very valid points as well.

No comments: